Schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilung 654 received its first Jagdpanthers on May 4, 1944. However the 1st Company of the Battalion was equipped with the new tank destroyer much later. 1./schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilung 654 received its first eight Jagdpanthers on August 4 at the Mailly-le-Camp Training Area (north-eastern France). By the time the two other companies of the Battalion were committed to the front.
|2. Leutnant Feldheim.|
|3. Training at the Mailly-le-Camp.|
|4. The Company advances in column.|
1. Bundesarchiv, Bild 101I-721-0396-09/Wagner/CC BY-SA 3.0 de, via Wikimedia Commons
2. Bundesarchiv, Bild 101I-721-0397-12/Wagner/CC BY-SA 3.0 de, via Wikimedia Commons
3. Bundesarchiv, Bild 101I-717-0017-12/Jesse/CC BY-SA 3.0 de, via Wikimedia Commons4. Bundesarchiv, Bild 101I-721-0397-18/Wagner/CC BY-SA 3.0 de, via Wikimedia Commons