An overturned Panther tank lies in a shallow stream in Houffalize, Belgium.
Houffalize is a Walloon municipality close to Luxemburg.
2. In January 1945, at the final phase of the Battle of the Bulge, Houffalize became strategically important, because it served as the meeting point for Montgomery’s forces attacking from the north and Patton’s forces attacking from the south.
3. In modern Houffalize a Panther tank, bearing the markings of 116.Panzer-Division, is on display in the town.
|4. A view of Houffalize.|
1. U.S. National Archives and Records Administration, via Wikimedia Commons
2. U.S. Army, via Wikimedia Commons
3. Agrillo Mario, CC-BY-SA-3.0-2.5-2.0-1.0, via Wikimedia Commons4. Jean-Pol GRANDMONT, CC-BY-2.0, via Wikimedia Commons